Laboratory Chemist I
Looking for an exciting career with lots of potential?
Join LLOYD, Inc., a local company with 60 years of proven success and stability.
We manufacture both veterinarian & human pharmaceutical products and are proud to say many consumers worldwide depend on our products.
This full-time position comes complete with a full benefits package after 90 days.
This package includes
It also comes with:
•short term disability
•long term disability •generous paid time off plan
The Laboratory Chemist I is responsible for both directed functions and independent functions as they relate to the physical/chemical testing and process/product
pharmaceutical and nutritional products and other duties as maybe assigned by Laboratory Management.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and additional training or experience in laboratory operations equivalent to that gained by a two year training in chemistry and lab work at a community college, plus two years of on-the-job experience
Preferred: Baccalaureate Degree in Chemical, Physical or Biological Science
Required: Chemical laboratory work experience
Preferred: Extensive experience in a chemical or biological laboratory environment
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES
1. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
2. Knowledge of chemical and physical sciences
3. Good skills in mathematics and elementary statistics
4. Effective oral and written communications skills
5. Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other staff members
6. Ability to demonstrate good judgment in investigating problems
7. Ability to recognize and deal with priorities
8. Ability to perform multiple tasks in an independent manner with minimal supervision
9. Ability to keep legible records
10. Ability to train, mentor and advise co-workers
1. Body positions:
Sitting and standing
2. Body movements:
Walking; bending at the waist; kneeling down; stooping; turning head and torso; bending and flexing arms, wrists, and fingers; grasping objects in hands; 15 lbs. of lifting
3. Body senses
Must have adequate body senses to perform the requirements of the job